Monday 17 March 2014

In which fate kicks me firmly in the arse

"We have had to cancel the Duathlon at Thruxton Motor Racing Circuit due to circumstances beyond our control."

Gah!  I've spent the weekend thinking about the duathlon, getting excited about it, pondering transitions and times, and then this lands in my inbox. I am gutted - possibly as gutted as one can be at the news that you no longer have to run and cycle 20 miles.

I scour britishtriathlon.org for a replacement event.  The Goodwood Duathlon would be an ideal replacement, but entries are now closed. The Dinton Duathlon sounds good, but starts at a time that would mean leaving home at a time of the morning that isn't really compatible with the family. The Bath Duathlon is pretty uninspiring for the distance I'd have to travel.  The Peaky Freaky sounds like an intriguing and challenging route to a recurrence of knee problems.  I even seriously consider the off-road TriPurbeck Sika Duathlon, until I find that's cancelled too.

This has some serious repercussions for the screenplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment